Children's House Preschool & Kindergarten
Visit the Tacoma Public Schools enrollment website to find applications and details on our district’s K-12 enrollment process.
We are accepting aplications for the 2020-2021 school year. Please note Montessori Preschool only ask that parents bring their student enrollment packets in person. Because these programs are tuition based there are additional forms the school will review with families.
Full day, 8:50am - 3:20pm, 5 days a week for 3 and 4 year olds (students must be 3 by August 31).
Student must be completely toilet trained.
We have 48 preschool spots. With our returning students, for the 2019/2020 school year, we will have 25 spots available.
Our 3 and 4 year olds are in blended classrooms with our Kindergarteners.
Monthly tuition is $850.00/month (September - June). We offer a sliding scale for discounted tuition rates based on household income. We require proof of income for tuition rates. Proof of income is required for discounted tuition rates.
One of the following documents can be used as proof of income:
- Income tax form for the past year
- W-2 form for the past year
- Employer letter stating total gross earnings
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) award letter
- 12 months of paystubs
- If your student is registered for the 2019-2020 school year and you believe your family qualifies for a tuition discount, bring proof of income to the school office beginning August 19, 2019. (The school office is closed for the summer.)
$25 non-refundable registration fee, due at time of registration, as well as, a deposit of $850, that will secure your spot.
Sliding scale based on Federal Poverty Levels (FPL) and household income:
|0%-150% FPL||151%-225% FPL||226%-275% FPL||276%-300% FPL||301%-325% FPL||326%+ FPL|
|Persons in household||Tuition $425||Tuition $510||Tuition $595||Tuition $680||Tuition $765||Tuition $850|
|2||$0 - $25,860||$25,861 - $38,790||$38,791 - $47,410||$47,411 - $51,720||$51,721 - $56,114||$56,115 or more|
|3||$0 - $32,580||$32,581 - $48,870||$48,871 - $59,730||$59,731 - $65,160||$65,161 - $70,696||$70,697 or more|
|4||$0 - $39,300||$39,301 - $58,950||$58,951 - $72,050||$72,051 - $78,600||$78,601 - $85,278||$85,279 or more|
|5||$0 - $46,020||$46,021 - $69,030||$69,031 - $84,370||$84,371 - $92,040||$92,041 - $99,860||$99,861 or more|
|6||$0 - $52,740||$52,741 - $79,110||$79,111 - $96,690||$96,691 - $105,480||$105,481 - $114,442||$114,443 or more|
|7||$0 - $59,460||$59,461 - $89,190||$89,191- $109,010||$109,011 - $118,920||$118,921 - $129,024||$129,025 or more|
|8||$0 - $66,180||$66,181 - $99,270||$99,271 - $121,330||$121,331 - $132,360||$132,361 - $143,606||$143,607 or more|
To register, complete an enrollment packet, or pick one up from our school office, along with following items:
- Birth Certificate or other document to verify age (acceptable alternatives include, baptismal certificate, hospital records or insurance records).
- Proof of immunizations.
- Proof of address - 2 pieces (i.e. utility bill, rental agreement or mortgage statement, phone bill, cable bill).
Spots are filled, per the Tacoma School District guidelines and placements into our preschool program follow the criteria below:
- Current Bryant preschool students, continuing for another year.
- Students who live within the Bryant attendance area.
- Students who have older siblings currently attending Bryant.
- Students who reside within the TPS district and attend a daycare in the Bryant attendance area.
- Students who live outside of the Bryant attendance area, but within the TPS district.
- Students who live outside of the TPS district.
We will notify parents, by the end of March, on whether their child has a spot in the program, or if they are on our waitlist. Families who meet the first 3 criteria above, and do not enroll during the open enrollment window, will lose their priority status for enrollment.